Indoor air quality plays a vital role in our general well-being and health. Whether at home or in the office, we spend most part of the day indoor, so maintaining good indoor air quality is important to stay healthy. That is why it is often said that you should put more thought while picking up the building materials for the home. Choosing natural stone for your surroundings can make a lot of difference than just creating the best look.
Why Choose Natural Stones For Your Home?
A variety of health-related problems such as allergies, headaches, insomnia and chronic fatigue has been associated with poor indoor air quality. According to a study, indoor air quality is 10 times worse than outdoor air quality in large cities on misty days. With the extensive use of synthetic products, the risks to human health have also increased manifold. Natural stones are the most versatile, longest lasting materials that come with a number of environmental benefits and no healthcare concerns.
How Do Natural Stones Improve Indoor Air Quality?
- Natural stones are the only cladding materials that don’t emit gases.
- They require little maintenance and are resistant to chemical leaching.
- Natural stones do not require any sort of interior finishing or second coating.
- They are fire-proof, so they don’t release any toxic fumes when burned
- They are non-toxic, benign, and are able to retain heat and absorb moisture.
- Natural stones are impervious to vermin and mould.
- Even if the stones are used in the exterior walls, they stay drier.
- When you use natural stones in walls, you don’t have to worry about inhaling hydrocarbons.
- They limit the amount of outside air infiltrating the building and provide better control for your HVAC system.
- When you use natural stones for flooring, you don’t have to lay out carpet which is a major source of allergens.
Whether you have begun the construction of a new building or you are considering home improvement, choosing natural stones can help you lead a healthier life style. To buy natural stone benchtops and marble slabs in Melbourne, you can approach Baasar Stones, a leading natural stone supplier in Melbourne. For further details, give us a call on (03) 9357 7780.